Light hair is quite in these days. The sun-kissed locks look mind blowing. It breaks the monotony of dark hair and gives a nice makeover. You can either go to a hair salon and ask your hair stylist to lighten your hair or can also do this job at home. There are many natural ingredients and cosmetics that will lighten your hair without damaging them and are quite pocket-friendly. Read more, to know remedies to lighten hair.
Remedies to Lighten Hair:
1.) Cinnamon to Lighten Hair
Cinnamon is a spice that is commonly found in the kitchen. The good news is apart from adding flavor to the food it also helps to lighten the hair and smells so nice.
- Mix a tablespoon of cinnamon to your hair conditioner.
- Apply this solution onto your damp hair.
- Make sure you apply it evenly through the length.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for a night and shampoo it next day.
- Repeat this once in a week.
2.) Baking Soda to Lighten Hair
Baking soda is also a common ingredient in a household. This versatile ingredient comes handy for lightening the natural hair color as well. Moreover, it removes the buildup of a chemical from the hair and let them breathe.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda in water. The consistency should be thick
- Apply this mixture onto your hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with the cold water followed by the shampoo and conditioner.
- Do not keep the baking soda for a long period since it tends to make the hair dry.
3.) Rhubarb to Lighten Hair
Many of you might not know about the rhubarb. It is a green plant that you can grow in your kitchen garden. The leaves of this plant help to lighten the natural color of the hair.
- Boil a glass of water and add chopped rhubarb into it.
- After boiling it leave the solution to cool to the room temperature.
- Strain it and use the solution to rinse your hair. Leave this rinse for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it dries rinse it with clear water.
- Rinse your hair with this solution once in a week to get the desired results.
4.) Tea to Lighten Hair
Any tea will work but for best results use chamomile tea. It reduces the shade of your natural hair color and gives your lighter hair color.
- Boil a cup of water. Once it comes to boiling point steep a chamomile tea bag into it.
- Leave it for a while.
- Use this solution to rinse your hair
- Alternatively, mix this solution with henna powder and apply it onto your hair. Leave it for 3-5 hours and rinse it with water.
- Repeat any of the above once in a week to lighten the natural shade of your hair color.
5.) Vinegar and Honey
Honey has a moisturizing property whereas vinegar especially apple cider vinegar helps to get rid of dandruff and other hair problems as well. However, when they are mixed together you can use it to lighten your hair. For a spare benefit, you can add olive oil and cinnamon to the solution.
- In a bowl mix a tablespoon of cinnamon, olive oil, vinegar, and honey thoroughly.
- Leave this mixture for a few minutes.
- Apply this mixture onto your hair evenly.
- To avoid any fall out cover your head with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for few minutes and then rinse it with clear water.
6.) Lemon to Lighten Hair
Lemon is the versatile ingredient that can be sued as a remedy for plenty of hair problems like dandruff and itchiness. And it can also help to lighten the natural hair color. It has Vitamin C that does the entire job.
- Mix a juice of one lemon with water to dilute it.
- Apply this solution onto your hair and sit in the sunlight.
- The exposure to sunlight will give effective results.
- Do not leave it on for a longer period.
- Once it dries rinse it with water.
7.) Salt to Lighten Hair
Remember, when your mother used to ask to cover your hair while swimming? That is because the swimming water has chlorinated water means salted water that could lighten your hair. However, to much use of salty water can tend to damage your hair.
- In the spray jar pour a glass of water and mix a tablespoon of salt into it.
- Spray the solution onto your hair. Shake the bottle well before using it.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your hair with clear water.
8.) Henna Powder to Lighten Hair
Henna is one of the natural ingredients. The leaves of henna are grinded to get the powder. It not only lightens the hair, in fact, it adds volume to the hair and makes them lustrous.
- In a metal bowl mix a few tablespoons of henna powder and water. For best results, you can add chamomile tea or rhubarb solution and lemon juice.
- Mix it well and leave it for some time.
- Apply this mixture evenly onto your hair and leave it on for 3-4 hours until it dries completely.
- Rinse it with clean water.
- Apply this mixture once in a month.
9.) Vitamin C to Lighten Hair
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for the hair and it does help to lighten the hair as well. You can use it in a bundle of ways.
- Crush 8-9 tablets of Vitamin C and mix it with your anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Use the mixture for washing your hair. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it. Do not forget to condition your hair at last.
10.) Bleach to Light Hair
You can also use bleach to lighten your hair color. It reduces the natural shade of the hair and gives you blonde hair. However, make sure you choose the one that is natural or mild.
- Mix the bleach powder and the developer. Check the exact quantity to be used from the leaflet of the product.
- Wear hand gloves and apply the mixture of the bleach onto your hair with a hair brush.
- Apply it uniformly.
- Once it dries completely rinse it and shampoo your hair.
- Before applying the bleach onto the hair does the patch test to see whether the product suits you or not.